If you have an online business, you probably know how important sales funnels can be. Marketing funnels have proven to be very useful tools in helping you get quality, long-term customers.
A marketing funnel is a customer-focused business strategy designed to generate customers for your goods and services by taking them through the four main stages; awareness, interest, desire, and action.
The idea of the funnel comes from the fact that you begin with a large audience at the top of the funnel (awareness) and keep narrowing down to an even smaller group of prospective clients at the middle of the funnel (interest and desire), and finally, leading to an even smaller group of customers at the bottom of the funnel (action).
For affiliate marketers, the marketing funnel is a great business strategy and plan of action to employ in order to generate maximum profits for your business. Online marketing funnels involve the use of a chain of web pages inside a sales funnel to grow your company.
On the other hand, funnel hacking is a slightly different concept that puts a twist into the original marketing funnel idea. It is a term that is used to refer to the process of investigating and examining online sales funnels that have been used by your competitors, and implementing that knowledge into your own sales funnel, thus making it more effective.
One product that promises to teach you how to funnel hack and to help you improve your own sales funnel is Funnel Hackers Cookbook. This review will be a candid and impartial look at what this product really is and what it does to help you decide if it is a venture worth investing your time and money in.
WHAT IS FUNNEL HACKER’S COOKBOOK?
Funnel Hackers Cookbook is a product by ClickFunnels founder, Russell Brunson. It is meant to help you create more effective sales funnels, and to use Clickfunnels better. Both Funnel Hackers Cookbook and Clickfunnels are listed as part of another company, Etison LLC.
Presented as both a PDF guide book and a physical copy, Funnel Hackers Cookbook was launched in October 2017. Together with ClickFunnels, it is designed to offer you a sales funnel tool intended to provide you with all the resources you need to help you build an elaborate sales funnel to grow your business in the shortest time.
Funnel Hackers Cookbook also promises to show you how to attract more customers to your business and how to hack your competition’s funnels and implement their ideas as your own.
This product is marketed as a way to equip you with all the skills and training that you will need to create an effective marketing funnel.
On the official website, you can immediately sign up to get your free copy of the Funnel Hackers Cookbook, you will be redirected to a page where there are three videos of Russell Brunson explaining everything you need to know about his product.
There are three videos, each one with slightly different content. I watched them all so you won’t have to, and here is the summary:
Video 1: Funnel Strategy
In this video, Russell highlights the concept of a funnel and why every business needs one. He also explains how funnels can help to significantly raise your business’s profits. This is an introduction video to the Funnel Hackers Cookbook.
He also mentions where the name of the product came from. He decided to call it a ‘cookbook’ because he envisioned it as a collection of ‘recipes’ for success in building sales funnels.
Video 2: Page recipes
This is where Russell really dives into his concept of recipes. He explains that there are several features and components that make up an effective page. He says that all of these are available on ClickFunnels. He explains how and when to use these features to create an optimized page.
He goes further to discuss the importance of personal branding, the use of a color scheme and an introduction video. In a lot of ways, this section links Funnel Hackers Cookbook to Clickfunnels, explaining how to use the cookbook to optimize Clickfunnels.
Video 3: Funnel recipes
In the last video, he talks about how to skillfully combine the components to create an optimal funnel that would convert prospective buyers into customers.
WHAT PRODUCTS DOES THE FUNNEL HACKERS COOKBOOK OFFER?
The book is divided into three sections. Here is a brief analysis of them.
Section 1: Elements
Russel defines these as the ingredients that go into making the pages of your funnel. He talks about over 50 different elements in the book. They are categorized into 8 broad categories:
- Text elements, such as headlines and bullet lists
- Media elements, such as images, videos, and audio players
- Form elements, such as buttons, select areas, and text areas
- Advanced form elements, such as surveys, shipping addresses, and billing addresses
- Special elements, such as confirmations, membership content, and webinar dates
- Content block elements, such as icons, navigation bars, and FAQs
- Countdown elements, such as countdown timers, and minute and day timers
- Miscellaneous elements, such as social shares and Facebook comments
Section 2: Pages
These are the individual pages that you create from a funnel when put together. They are all made up of different elements. The Funnel Hacker’s Cookbook explains 37 different types of pages broken into 10 categories.
In each category, he also highlights the elements used to generate the page. Here is a quick look at the page categories he talks about:
- Pre-sale pages: These are the pages that you use to reel in your audience before you usher them into your funnel. An example is the survey page.
- Opt-in pages: These pages are used to get your audience on board and maybe even get their email addresses. Examples of opt-in pages are the squeeze page, reverse squeeze page, coupon, and the lead magnet.
- Affiliate pages: these are special pages made for affiliates to your product and include the access page and the affiliate area page.
- OTO pages: OTO stands for one time offer. These pages offer an upsell to the already purchased product, or offers another product when they turn one down. Examples are the upsell and down sell pages.
- Order forms: this is the page where a buyer completes his/ her order by entering the information needed to get the product to them. There are two types, the traditional and the two-step order forms
- Thank you pages: A thank you page appears to thank the user when they fill in an opt-in form or make a purchase from you. They may also try to sell any other product you are selling. Examples of such are the offer wall and the bridge page.
- Sales pages: This is the page where you try to convert your viewer from a prospect to a buyer. Some of the sales pages include the product launch page and the video sales page.
- Webinar pages: This page is for people whose businesses include an online seminar; webinar registration page, webinar confirmation page
- Membership pages: these are pages made for members who decide to join your company and create accounts. Examples are the members’ area and the access page.
- Other pages: these are the extra pages added to your funnel, such as the homepage and the hero page
Section 3: Funnels
Russel Brunson says he identified 22 different types of sales funnels. He goes on to group them into four broad categories.
- Lead funnels: These funnels are created particularly for generating leads, applications and contact information from your prospective buyers.
- Buyer funnels: These funnels are built such that you can get someone to pay you inside the funnel. They have integrated carts and one-time offers.
- Event funnels: These funnels are made for hosting events like webinars and automated webinars.
- Other funnels: These are the funnels that are useful, but they do not fit in any of the three categories above.
As you can see, there is a lot of information available in this book. However, is this unique information that you cannot find anywhere else? Not exactly. All of this information is available for free online. The only thing that Russel has taken out of the equation with his product is the effort you would have put in to go and do the research yourself.
Which brings us to the next point:
WHAT IS THE COST OF JOINING THE FUNNEL HACKERS COOKBOOK?
The funnel hacker’s cookbook is available in two ways;
- You can download it in PDF format. This option is absolutely free, and you can choose to print it out yourself. All you have to do to get the free copy is enter your email address and a download link will be made available to you. However, there is a caveat to this: you are giving them consent to send you promotional material and to market similar products directly to your email.
- A free copy of the Funnel Hackers Cookbook can be shipped to you. Technically, though, it is not exactly “free”, because you will have to part with $19.95 if it is delivered in the US and $38.95 for international shipping. Russel says this amount is meant to cover printing, shipping and handling costs.
WILL YOU MAKE ANY MONEY WITH FUNNEL HACKER’S COOKBOOK?
There is no laid-out compensation plan for using Funnel Hacker’s Cookbook.
However, it aggressively promotes ClickFunnels, and arguably can only be used effectively with ClickFunnels. The two products are completely intertwined.
ClickFunnels does have a compensation plan, especially if you sign up to be an affiliate. They also have an affiliate boot camp that will help you learn the ropes just in case you are completely clueless going in.
As an affiliate, you will earn a commission for promoting ClickFunnels to your circles. ClickFunnels also contains several other products that you can market concurrently, including the Funnel Hacking Webinar, Funnel University and Funnel Scripts.
Promoting ClickFunnels earns you a 30% commission on all plans.
They also have several incentives to get affiliates more invested in them. One such incentive is the Dream Car Contest. When you sign up 100 new members, you qualify for this contest. The company will pay for the lease of a car of your choice up to $500 every month, provided that you maintain above 100 active members. 200 members get you up to $1000 monthly.
Therefore, Funnel Hackers Cookbook does not provide any way to make money. It relies heavily on another product, ClickFunnels for it to work.
However, it does have some value, in that it equips you with tools that will help you build a successful funnel for your business and help you get more clients, even if it is geared towards ClickFunnels. If you get the PDF version of the book, you’ll be getting this information for free, which is totally worth it.
If you do not intend to use ClickFunnels, this book will not prove to be useful. You will get a lot more benefit by doing a little research online and using freely available information to build your business.
- It is available for free
- The author is known to be a legit businessman
- ClickFunnels, the company behind it, is legit
- It is one huge upsell to get you to buy more of Russel’s products
- It has no earning potential, especially for the non-ClickFunnels user. You are better off just getting free information that is relevant to your business online.
- You have to be a member of ClickFunnels to get any value from it.
ARE THERE BETTER ALTERNATIVES TO FUNNEL HACKERS COOKBOOK?
This is a no brainer: affiliate marketing is hands down the best way to make money online. Don’t believe me? Well, why don’t you ask the 90% of internet marketers whose income depends on this very business model?
While Funnel Hackers is a good product, it has one major problem: it is tied to a different product, and will take every opportunity it gets to shove that product down your throat. Is this what you want to sign up for? I doubt it.
With affiliate marketing, you get to make your own decisions. It is a tried and tested method of making money online that allows you to earn a living promoting another person’s products or services. You pick what you want to promote, who you want to work with, and when you want to work. That’s why so many people love it!
If you want to try your hand at affiliate marketing, I highly recommend taking that journey with Wealthy Affiliate. It is a wonderful affiliate marketing product that will literally hold your hand the entire time as you build your business, ensuring that you always come out on top.
Wealthy Affiliate contains a host of tools and resources, along with an awesome supportive community that you can always turn to for help. It is everything you need to take your business to the next level.
And the best part? You can try it out for free! Wealthy Affiliate has a free and paid plan. The free plan is a great way to check out everything that the platform has to offer. You can try it out for 7 days, with no commitments at all. If you like it, you can then upgrade to the paid plan and keep growing your business. Click on the link below and I will be there to help you through your journey!
So, what have you got to lose? I highly recommend this product, and I think everyone should give it a shot.
If you are a member of ClickFunnels, this book is meant for you. It will prove valuable and you will be able to implement its lessons.
Even if you are not a member, you can get some excellent value in terms of marketing knowledge.
Having said that I think everyone should do their own research online and learn marketing skills that are relevant to them, their audiences, and their industries. There are far better, more easily accessible options than this one on the web.
Alternatively, if you feel like you are ready to make some real money online, I recommend trying out affiliate marketing under the guidance of Wealthy Affiliate. It will shorten the learning curve and set you on a proven path to making money. You will not regret it!
At the end of the day, whether you decide to use the product or not, I hope this review will help you in making up your mind on whether or not The Funnel Hacker’s Cookbook is the product for you. Good luck!
To your success,
MORE ARTICLES YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL: